Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday

Some of our girls with some of the little girls from the church
This morning, we were able to go as a team (minus a few that are feeling a bit under the weather) to a local church, La Vid, which several of the SI staff attend and where the doctor of the medical site is the pastor.  It was a blessing to worship and take communion with the local congregation and to be challenged by the sermon from John 4 about Jesus and the Samaritan woman and what true worship should look like.
When we got back to the base, the kids were able have an extended period of free time. Some enjoyed good long naps while others cleaned and did laundry, rested and hung out.  Some of the kids even had time to play some volleyball and throw around a football.  Dinner tonight was a special treat with chicken fingers and tostones with ketchup, pasta salad, and banana pudding!  With the extra time today, we're hoping the kids got enough rest to give them strength to finish their time here well!  We're excited to get back to serving at our sites, but we do miss you all!  One more week :)

2 comments:

  1. Saludos, equipo! I have been reading all of your posts and praying for you daily. It is such a joy to see so many of my former students putting their faith in action in fulfillment of Christ's Great Commission. Keep up the good work! I feel about you much like Paul felt about the Philippians as he wrote to them long ago:

    "3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
    7It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus."--Philippans 1:3-7

    Love,

    Mr. Struyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Struyk, thank you for your encouraging and uplifting post. Thank you also for loving and caring for our students as you do.

      Delete